Communication Clubhouse provides specialized services and individualized programs to help your children become the most effective speakers, listeners, and thinkers they can be.
Early Intervention is a program for young children first learning language and discovering how to communicate. Read More...
Speech, language and play therapy is appropriate for young children who are late talkers, have trouble understanding what is said to them and/or following directions, and children with developmental delays. Parents and caregivers are highly encouraged to participate in therapy sessions to learn and practice the strategies used to facilitate a young child’s communication development.
Fun and motivating speech and language stimulation activities are utilized to encourage verbal communication. By modeling and demonstrating sounds, words, gestures and actions in a predictable manner, children are better able to understand, communicate, and participate more actively during play and throughout their daily routines.
When children are motivated, they are more likely to focus and attend, listen and follow directions, respond to questions, participate in conversation, and process information. Early intervention services can help your child develop and improve their desire and ability to communicate and enhance their understanding of the world around them. Parents and caregivers will learn strategies to help turn everyday activities into enjoyable times for learning and practicing speech and language.
EARLY INTERVENTION TARGET AREAS
- Speech – sound production, articulation, intelligibility
- Language – verbal expression and comprehension/receptive language/auditory processing
- Play Skills - imagination, attention, communication
- Thinking Skills – basic concepts, early pre-academic skills
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication – integration of gestures/signs/pictures
- Oral-Motor Skills – strength, awareness, and placement of the articulators for intelligible speech production
Individualized and comprehensive support for preschoolers with a variety of communication and learning needs. Read More...
Preschool - Speech & Language
Communication Clubhouse provides individualized services for children with a variety of communication and learning needs including, but:
- Developmental/cognitive delays
- Suspected apraxia of speech and related motor speech difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD)- Asperger’s Syndrome, PDD-NOS
- Articulation and phonological disorders
- Specific language impairment
- Fluency and stuttering
- Attention and focus difficulties
- Auditory processing and comprehension
- Social skills and pragmatics
- Interactive play skills
Speech and Language therapy strives to teach children how to use their language and social skills to communicate their thoughts, their questions, and their needs in the most effective and efficient manner. Theme-based sessions combine early literacy activities, critical thinking activities, social-interactive games, constructive and symbolic play to create a fun and stimulating learning experience. Speech therapy can and should be something your child looks forward to![button link="http://www.commclubnyc.com/calendar" color="#00aca2" size="3" style="1" dark="0" radius="10" target="self"]Book a Session[/button]
Programs targeting Language & Literacy Skills, Study Skills, and Social Skills. Read More...
School Age - Speech & Language
Speech and Language therapy for school-aged children treats students in a holistic manner, addressing a variety of academic needs, including:
Language & Literacy Skills
- Spelling and vocabulary development
- Grammar and writing skills
- Reading fluency and comprehension
- Word retrieval deficits
- Auditory processing disorders
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning, interpretation and logic
- Speech sound development and correction of mispronunciations
- Confident speech
- Planning and preparing
- Conversation and interpersonal communication
- Social awareness- development of social cognition, empathy, and perspective taking skills
Uniquely tailored, individualized programs for growing minds. Read More...
Programs to help children improve their interpersonal communication and social skills. Read More...
Our unique space offers a warm and nurturing environment for educational, fun times! Read More...